Do you struggle to attract clients who can actually pay for your services? Are you consistently finding yourself providing value to people who struggle to honor a contract or seem to lack integrity when it comes time to pick up the check?
As you elevate yourself into new standards of living, you enter a stage of “new money.”
To stop attracting broke people, you have to understand a “rich” person’s mindset. For the average rich person, it’s much less about buying actual material things and more about enjoying the choice you get to make when making a buying decision.
Broke people will always try and negotiate your rate and, even if they sign up for your program they may subsequently back up. Rich people, on the other hand, are willing to pay the price in full to an individual, business, service or product that can provide a solution to a specific problem they have.
In order to stop attracting broke people and start attracting people with money, it’s essential that you understand this difference in mindset.
Key Highlights of the Episode
This episode was extremely actionable and insightful. Here are a few key highlights:
- Are you too broad? – The reason you exist in business is to solve a problem. This is what you get paid for. Usually, though, you’ll find your customers will want to negotiate you down or completely avoid your service if it’s too broad. Don’t just be a problem solver. Be a specific problem solver and specialize your services as much as possible.
- Broke people problems – Think about the problem you’re solving. Are you solving a problem that only broke people have? If you’re providing a solution very general and basic problems that people with no money have then what do you expect? Stay basic and expect basic money.
- Price it right – If I set out to buy a luxury Chanel bag then I expect to pay a premium price. If the price is too low then I’ll probably get suspicious and walk away. Make sure you’re pricing your service based on how much it’s actually worth. Price it too low and you’ll attract broke people.
- Take a look in the mirror – A lot of time, if you’re attracting broke people, it can simply be because you have a “broke” mindset yourself. Are you projecting this mindset onto potential buyers? Are you the kind of person who signs up for something and doesn’t show up? Change your mindset and it will change the type of customers you attract.
- Become an excluder – Your job is not to attract everyone. You’re not Coca-Cola! While you need to be very clear on who your services are for, you also need to be clear on who they’re NOT for. To attract top dollar you need to get very specific on who your ideal customer is. This is especially important in the beginning.
- And lots more! Tune in now.
Want to experience sustainable growth for your coaching business WITHOUT hiring 5 new employees, WITHOUT spending five figures on paid ads, WITHOUT offering discounts or downsells?
Click here to learn more about how we can help.
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out.
This episode is brought to you by Leverage:
Today’s episode is brought to you by my group coaching program LEVERAGE.
LEVERAGE™ is a comprehensive, high-performance coaching program for expert service providers who are ready to reclaim their time and sustainably surpass 6-figures in the next 12 months.
If you know you’re ready to grow with less private 1:1 clients and more leverage with group delivery at a high ticket price point, we can help!
In order to do that, it’s time that you stop mimicking what you see other course creators doing. No more discounts, downsells or complicated webinars pumped with thousands of dollars in paid ads. It’s time for you to learn how to articulate your value, elevate your messaging and enroll $3k-$10k group coaching clients.
Every day, we help coaches and DFY service providers, like you, transform their 1:1 service into a SUSTAINABLE coaching business that is set up to automate the necessary aspects of your offer so you have the energy to show up, serve your clients and increase your business growth month after month.
Interested? Complete the Benchmark Assessment to help you pinpoint the exact gaps that currently exist within your business model.
Visit www.jereshiahawk.com/podcast-leverage to learn more and submit your application to receive the assessment today.