I felt the need to dedicate this episode to my beloved social media platform after seeing a lot of ridiculousness following some recent issues where Facebook wasn’t functioning quite to its usual high standards.
After having an off-day, it seems like the whole world was freaking out. People were coming out and slamming Facebook, talking about how it can no longer be trusted, and how you need to focus on building your email list in the wake of Facebook’s inevitable failure.
Well, I’m here to rally for facebook. I feel that a lot of the Facebook haters out there just need to calm down.
There’s no crisis going on. If Facebook is your preferred platform, then I’m here to reassure you that everything’s gonna be OK. There is no social media Armageddon on the horizon. You don’t have to follow the advice that some people are putting out by abandoning Facebook and focusing on an email list.
Key Highlights of the Episode
This episode was extremely actionable and insightful. Here are a few key highlights:
- Facebook literally is social media – With over 2 billion daily users and with the likes of Instagram and Whatsapp part of the organization, Facebook pretty much IS social media. While people may try to paint a picture of instability, Facebook is simply too big to fail. There’s too much money to be made and too much at stake.
- How often do you show up for your business? – Facebook has been providing a high-level, game-changing service for the last decade. It literally shows up 24/7, time and time again, every single day without fail. So what if it went through a little downtime for a period of a few hours. Was there ever a time in your business life when you haven’t shown up? Do you ever take the occasional off-day? I know I do. Please, give Facebook a break.
- Were you even being productive? – For all the people hating on Facebook, were you even on there being productive? Were you there trying to go live and represent your business? Did you sign on with the intention of posting content that would convert and lead to future clients experiencing life-changing transformations? Or, were you merely on there to browse photos and click the like button?
- Transactional content – When you create a piece of content, do you ask yourself why you’re doing it? While a cute photo or catchy quote may get plenty of likes and shares, beware of the difference between posting content for the sake of it and posting transactional content. Transactional content has a clear call to action and is designed in a way that’s going to get results for your business.
- How important is your email list? – For many businesses, an email list is very important. However, if you’re only just starting out then what good is a big email list if you don’t know what to do with it? In the early stages, it’s far more important to figure out the problem your solving and convey your value to your ideal customer. Facebook Live is the ideal channel to make this happen. Email lists are important and do have a role to play. But only once you’ve reached that stage of your business evolution.
- And lots more! Tune in now.
If you want some help clarifying your program promise and refining your curriculum, I’m here to help.
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out.
This episode is brought to you by Leverage:
Today’s episode is brought to you by my group coaching program LEVERAGE.
LEVERAGE™ is a comprehensive, high-performance coaching program for expert service providers who are ready to reclaim their time and sustainably surpass 6-figures in the next 12 months.
If you know you’re ready to grow with less private 1:1 clients and more leverage with group delivery at a high ticket price point, we can help!
In order to do that, it’s time that you stop mimicking what you see other course creators doing. No more discounts, downsells or complicated webinars pumped with thousands of dollars in paid ads. It’s time for you to learn how to articulate your value, elevate your messaging and enroll $3k-$10k group coaching clients.
Every day, we help coaches and DFY service providers, like you, transform their 1:1 service into a SUSTAINABLE coaching business that is set up to automate the necessary aspects of your offer so you have the energy to show up, serve your clients and increase your business growth month after month.
Interested? Complete the Benchmark Assessment to help you pinpoint the exact gaps that currently exist within your business model.
Visit www.jereshiahawk.com/podcast-leverage to learn more and submit your application to receive the assessment today.