Today’s student spotlight episode features the wonderful Zakiya Williams-Spears.
Zakiya is a mom, wife, and community educator dedicated to developing more equitable learning spaces for youth and adult learners. She’s the founder of Cultur-Ed™ Consulting, a full service educational consulting firm with a mission to inspire social change through meaningful and engaging learning experiences.
Even though Zakiya is an amazing teacher, she’s had to work hard to overcome her fear of niching down. Doing so has enabled her to land multiple four figure clients and she’s a great example of how you can leverage your existing skillsets to create a signature service and build a successful business helping others to get transformational results.
Key Highlights of the Episode
This episode was extremely actionable and insightful. Here are a few key highlights:
- Expand your circle – When starting out in business, Zakiya didn’t have many entrepreneurs around her to talk to. She looked for inspiration and people to help her on her mission by going out and expanding her circle.
- Start broad and then find your niche – Zakiya, like many others, initially wanted to help everyone achieve all their goals. She feels that starting broad is OK while you learn to dial in on what your specific niche and signature service should be along the way.
- Resistance is normal – To become a butterfly a caterpillar must push through a lot of resistance in order to leave the cocoon. Zakiya is a great example of how you need to keep going during those moments when you experience resistance. Being part of a like-minded community helps.
- Don’t expect overnight success – Zakiya is in it for the long run. She trusts in the process and is patient enough to show up consistently in order to achieve success. She’s always learning and evolving.
- Niching-down to get tangible results – When Zakiya provided a general, broad service, her clients reported “feeling better,” but there were limited tangible results. Niching down has allowed her to get specific, life-changing transformations for her clients.
- And lots more! Tune in now.
Raising your rate takes more effort than just deciding on a new price. Then comes the work of addressing the objections, effectively articulating your value in your marketing content, and designing curriculum that delivers on the promise you sold the client into. Need some help with this?
Click here to learn more about how our LEVERAGE Method can help.
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out.
This episode is brought to you by Leverage:
Today’s episode is brought to you by my group coaching program LEVERAGE.
LEVERAGE™ is a comprehensive, high-performance coaching program for expert service providers who are ready to reclaim their time and sustainably surpass 6-figures in the next 12 months.
If you know you’re ready to grow with less private 1:1 clients and more leverage with group delivery at a high ticket price point, we can help!
In order to do that, it’s time that you stop mimicking what you see other course creators doing. No more discounts, downsells or complicated webinars pumped with thousands of dollars in paid ads. It’s time for you to learn how to articulate your value, elevate your messaging and enroll $3k-$10k group coaching clients.
Every day, we help coaches and DFY service providers, like you, transform their 1:1 service into a SUSTAINABLE coaching business that is set up to automate the necessary aspects of your offer so you have the energy to show up, serve your clients and increase your business growth month after month.
Interested? Complete the Benchmark Assessment to help you pinpoint the exact gaps that currently exist within your business model.
Visit www.jereshiahawk.com/podcast-leverage to learn more and submit your application to receive the assessment today.