Do you ever find yourself falling short when it comes to getting the results you desire? Today’s episode is all about being accountable for oneself, and I’ll be dipping into my five building blocks to build accountability. This episode may be a reality check for a lot of you, but I think it’s going to help out a great deal.
I often find that when people aren’t able to attain what they set out to achieve in their business, there’s a gap between their actions and their level of accountability.
I believe that we have to take responsibility for our actions. You are accountable for your own success. It’s very easy to sit back and make excuses when things don’t go as planned. However, getting rid of excuses and facing up to things will clear the way to achieve the success you desire.
Key Highlights of the Episode
This episode was extremely actionable and insightful. Here are a few key highlights:
- Why are you starting your own business? – Why do you want to start your own business vs being an employee? If you want to be in charge of your destiny and build something for yourself, great! If, on the other hand, you simply don’t want to have a boss who’s holding you accountable, then you could be in for a shock when you become your own boss.
- See the bigger picture – Accountability isn’t merely about completing a list of tasks. It’s about being committed to seeing the objective through to completion. While getting the day-to-day tasks finished is essential, you have to understand how they relate to the bigger picture. Without the bigger picture in place, you can’t be accountable for achieving the overall objectives that will define your success.
- How to make yourself accountable – Without a crystal clear expectation, it’s impossible to be accountable. Don’t just say you want more money, say exactly how much money you want and when you want to have earned it by. Your goals have to be measurable. Then you need to know how to go about achieving your goals. You have to be realistic about your capabilities and your capacity. Often, this means saying “no” to people who aren’t helping you get closer to your goal since you only have so much time and energy in a given day.
- Your fear of asking for help can lead to failure – I get it! Many of you were forced to be self-sufficient in early life and have been doing a great job in taking care of yourselves without ever asking for help. Understand that business doesn’t work like this. If you’re used to going it alone and refusing to ask for help then you need a shift in mindset.
- The importance of feedback – Feedback is essential and you have to get it regularly. Without honest feedback, how do you know whether you’re on track to achieving your goals? Beware though, if you’re asking for feedback from a spouse, bestie, a friend’s grandmother, or anyone that has no business experience. Make sure you get your feedback from people with relevant expertise and those who understand your context. If you don’t have any business-minded friends to ask, then join a mastermind group, hire a coach, or go out and make yourself some new friends. In Services That Sell I’m always personally holding my members accountable.
- And lots more! Tune in now.
Want to experience sustainable growth for your coaching business WITHOUT hiring 5 new employees, WITHOUT spending five figures on paid ads, WITHOUT offering discounts or downsells?
Click here to learn more about how we can help.
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out.
This episode is brought to you by Leverage:
Today’s episode is brought to you by my group coaching program LEVERAGE.
LEVERAGE™ is a comprehensive, high-performance coaching program for expert service providers who are ready to reclaim their time and sustainably surpass 6-figures in the next 12 months.
If you know you’re ready to grow with less private 1:1 clients and more leverage with group delivery at a high ticket price point, we can help!
In order to do that, it’s time that you stop mimicking what you see other course creators doing. No more discounts, downsells or complicated webinars pumped with thousands of dollars in paid ads. It’s time for you to learn how to articulate your value, elevate your messaging and enroll $3k-$10k group coaching clients.
Every day, we help coaches and DFY service providers, like you, transform their 1:1 service into a SUSTAINABLE coaching business that is set up to automate the necessary aspects of your offer so you have the energy to show up, serve your clients and increase your business growth month after month.
Interested? Complete the Benchmark Assessment to help you pinpoint the exact gaps that currently exist within your business model.
Visit www.jereshiahawk.com/podcast-leverage to learn more and submit your application to receive the assessment today.