What do you do when you realize that a lot of your identity throughout your life has been rooted in trying to prove something to somebody?
How do you find a new fuel source when you’re no longer fueled by the need to prove yourself?
These are the kinds of questions that have been playing on my mind lately, and I want to share some of my thoughts with you. We’re getting personal in this episode as we talk about why we seek external validation, how to move on from the need to prove ourselves, and what to replace that need with.
Topics We Cover in This Episode:
- Finding something that fuels you when you’re no longer fueled by the need to prove yourself
- The exhaustion that comes from constantly trying to prove yourself
- Why you might need an identity realignment
- How to be content with where you are while satisfying the desire to grow
- What really happens after you reach a milestone
- Accepting that there is nothing you need to prove
- Practical ways to stop seeking external validation
If you’re wrestling with this, know that I’m right there with you. Remember that you are good enough as you are, you are worthy as you are, and you do not need to prove yourself to anyone. Most of us have a lot of practice seeking external validation, so know that that habit won’t change overnight, but the more you practice validating yourself and rejecting external measurements, the easier it will become.
For more content like this every week, subscribe to @jereshiasaid on YouTube. On my YouTube channel, I share even more strategies and best practices for organic marketing, ethical sales, and entrepreneurship content for CEOs and coaches.
Subscribe to the Jereshia Said YouTube Channel
Apply for LEVERAGE with Jereshia Hawk
Download my freebie: How to Know if Your Niche is Specific Enough
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
183. Sustainable Success: The Importance of Energy Management
181. Goal Setting: Don’t Pick the Low-Hanging Fruit
180. How to Exercise Patience in a Season of Pivots
179. 6 Factors That Give You Competitive Advantage as an Online Coach
Follow & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you following my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss any future episodes! Click here to follow on Apple PodcastsI would also appreciate it if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify! I read each of them, and they help me make sure I am providing the content that you love to hear! Plus, you get to pay it forward because it will allow other listeners like you to find the podcast!