You’re not going to want to miss this episode! Today’s guest has some of the country’s biggest celebrity superstars on her client list. Karleen Roy is the founder and CEO of The Vanity Group, an event production company that curates magical experiences for your favorite celebrities, including Justin Bieber, Kobe Bryant, and a whole host of top talent!
Karleen’s story begins in 2004, where she headed to New York and quickly landed a job in the publicity department at Island Def Jam Recordings. Eventually, she was recruited by Sean “Diddy” Combs to be his senior executive assistant at Bad Boy Entertainment. After years of developing her confidence, expertise, and international connections, she has become a superstar in her own right, leading her team to become the firm of choice for a variety of corporate clients and A-list celebrities.
Success for Karleen is all about the small wins. She thrives on being able to pay her loyal team of staff and take good care of them. She’s happy that she can pay the rent of her Manhattan office and takes pride in her ability to continually carry out excellent work for her clients.
Karleen recognizes that her business isn’t yet in a scaling phase. For her, the back-end processes are just as important as the front-end side of things that her clients get to see. After listening to this episode, it will be easy to see how her humble and level-headed attitude is what allows her to continue to thrive.
Key Highlights of the Episode
This episode was extremely actionable and insightful. Here are a few key highlights:
- Do your due diligence – If you’re debating whether or not to go into business then Karleen highly recommends that you carry out initial research to find out what the market rate is for the service you’re offering. Determine who your competitors are, and identify what they’re charging.
- Know your value and keep it simple – Karleen as been working with celebrities for many years and what she does is now second nature. She knows how her clients think and is always able to meet their incredibly high expectations. Rather than trying to do many different things, she recommends being excellent in your own field. Be the best at what you do rather than trying to do everything.
- Building relationships – According to Karleen, people want to do business with people they know and like. She never tries to force a relationship and is always invested in building relationships organically over the long term.
- Becoming a CEO – Being a business owner hasn’t been easy to Karleen and she’s had to work hard to become a successful CEO. She still considers herself a student of the game, working with many of her peers and reading relevant books in order to nurture her CEO abilities over time.
- Balancing growth with client expectations – To avoid sacrificing the quality of client work, Karleen ensures she is always fully focused on the event at hand. The Vanity Group is niche by design and she never overloads her team’s schedule. Long-term growth is always dependent on the ability to deliver your promise to your clients in the present.
- And lots more! Tune in now.
This episode is brought to you by DIVI WORDPRESS THEMES BY ELEGANT THEMES:
Today’s episode is brought to you by the Divi WordPress Theme, by Elegant Themes.
Unless you are a small business owner who is NOT interested in growing your brand online, you need to have a website. Back in the early stages of launching my business, I wanted to look like an expert from the start but I didn’t have the budget to hire a world class web designer.
I had to build my own website but I didn’t want it to look like I did it myself. That’s when I discovered the Divi WordPress Theme. Divi is more than just a theme – it’s a website building framework that makes it possible to design beautiful websites without ever touching a single line of code. Its visual drag and drop feature is changing the game and this website theme is the one I have always used in my business. Your website is the online face of your company and you should be proud to have it represent you. Stop feeling embarrassed to give out your URL or send a potential client to your website. Visit www.jereshiahawk.com/website and try the Divi WordPress theme for free today. In the next 2 hours, you could DIY a professional website using Divi.
Visit www.jereshiahawk.com/website and try the Divi WordPress theme for free.