How to Scale Your Business: What does it ACTUALLY mean to scale your business?
In today’s episode, we’re going to talk about the most important elements in your business to determine whether you’re ready or not, and break down what it actually means to scale your business.
In order to scale your business, you have to have 3 core areas in place:
- Attract: You need to be able to attract qualified leads to your business. This doesn’t just mean marketing your services to the general public, but communicating the problem you solve to qualified leads who would benefit from what you’re offering.
- Convert: You need to be able to convert your qualified leads into clients. You have to close the sale. I’ve found the best way to do this, by far, is through sales calls. It’s a tried and tested method that’s been proven time and time again.
- Deliver: You need to be able to deliver your service consistently, utilizing a proven and documented methodology. Because customizing and having to change the way you do things with each client isn’t efficient.
In my signature program, Services That Sell, I help my clients to get these 3 areas mastered. Without having these foundations in place, there’s no point in trying to scale.
Key Highlights of the Episode
This episode was extremely actionable and insightful. Here are a few key highlights:
- Making more money vs scaling – A lot of people mistake scaling with making more money. They’re not the same thing. Most of us are at a point where we’re ready to make more money, but not where we’re ready to scale. In fact, making more money is a by-product of successful scaling.
- Start with 1 on 1 – In the early days, working with clients in a 1 on 1 format is the best way forward. It allows you to charge a premium price while you’re developing your process and refining your methodology. Going through this process will eventually put you in an excellent place to scale your business.
- Always focus on the next step – If you don’t have a documented methodology, then focus on getting one. If you have plenty of qualified leads but no sales, then you need to learn how to close the sale. Always ask yourself: what’s the most important “next step” to move forward in my business? Don’t waste time on things like PR if you’re not yet achieving the results that warrant getting this kind of exposure.
- How much capital? – You shouldn’t need to raise any capital if you’re selling a service. If you were to develop a physical product then that’s another story. If you’re selling a service you should be able to fund your business yourself. Profit margins are usually ridiculously high in service businesses. This means that scaling can be achieved by reinvesting your profits and avoiding external financing.
- And lots more! Tune in now.
Want to experience sustainable growth for your coaching business WITHOUT hiring 5 new employees, WITHOUT spending five figures on paid ads, WITHOUT offering discounts or downsells?
Click here to learn more about how we can help.
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out.
This episode is brought to you by Leverage:
Today’s episode is brought to you by my group coaching program LEVERAGE.
LEVERAGE™ is a comprehensive, high-performance coaching program for expert service providers who are ready to reclaim their time and sustainably surpass 6-figures in the next 12 months.
If you know you’re ready to grow with less private 1:1 clients and more leverage with group delivery at a high ticket price point, we can help!
In order to do that, it’s time that you stop mimicking what you see other course creators doing. No more discounts, downsells or complicated webinars pumped with thousands of dollars in paid ads. It’s time for you to learn how to articulate your value, elevate your messaging and enroll $3k-$10k group coaching clients.
Every day, we help coaches and DFY service providers, like you, transform their 1:1 service into a SUSTAINABLE coaching business that is set up to automate the necessary aspects of your offer so you have the energy to show up, serve your clients and increase your business growth month after month.
Interested? Complete the Benchmark Assessment to help you pinpoint the exact gaps that currently exist within your business model.
Visit www.jereshiahawk.com/podcast-leverage to learn more and submit your application to receive the assessment today.