Kemi is a coach for women of color in academic medicine. She teaches women strategies to secure grant funding and how to build a strong foundation for an academic career that aligns with their values.
After years of mentoring and giving talks on various issues, Kemi realized that she had a lot to offer. When developing a signature talk, she realized that what she was talking about could become a learning program.
Kemi went down the route of trying to sell her offer through a complicated email funnel. Just before launching, however, she found Services That Sell and decided to change her approach. She flipped the funnel, re-packaging all her content to create a real service that would get real results for her clients.
Now, she’s completely booked up for the rest of the year.
Key Highlights of the Episode
This episode was extremely actionable and insightful. Here are a few key highlights:
- Make a commitment – Upon signing up for Services That Sell, Kemi was committed to learning all the content of the course, regardless of how uncomfortable it would make her feel. If you sign up for a course or any kind of coaching program, you have to be committed. Be willing to answer some difficult questions.
- Promise one result – Kemi had trouble niching down. Even though her target audience was already small, the result she was promising was still vague. That’s when she started using results-focused language, making her promise of “Get that grant!” It was a very specific result and would force her to become committed to her clients. Promising a clear, tangible and measurable result takes true courage.
- Willing to fail – Despite being terrified at times, Kemi has a willingness to try new things out, even if it could mean failure. This is the perfect attitude for growth, especially if you’re following a proven methodology. She learns from each and every action, whether it’s posting on social media, going live on Facebook or having sales calls.
- If you truly want to help people, you will succeed – According to Kemi, the difference between someone that has success in Services That Sell vs someone that doesn’t is the desire and passion to go out there and serve. If you just want to make money, it’s much harder to be successful, because the courage and drive come from a deep desire to help people.
- Learning to sell – If you believe that you’re doing something wrong by asking people to pay for your services, then you’ll never be successful at sales. Kemi could never see herself selling until she changed her conception of what selling was. Now, she defines sales as inspiring people to take action. Once you change your mindset, selling becomes something totally different from the sleazy, dishonest stereotypes a lot of us have.
- And lots more! Tune in now.
If you’re booked out with private 1:1 clients, ready to raise the price of your successful digital course or want a new revenue stream beyond retainer clients, I invite you to apply.
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out.
This episode is brought to you by Leverage:
Today’s episode is brought to you by my group coaching program LEVERAGE.
LEVERAGE™ is a comprehensive, high-performance coaching program for expert service providers who are ready to reclaim their time and sustainably surpass 6-figures in the next 12 months.
If you know you’re ready to grow with less private 1:1 clients and more leverage with group delivery at a high ticket price point, we can help!
In order to do that, it’s time that you stop mimicking what you see other course creators doing. No more discounts, downsells or complicated webinars pumped with thousands of dollars in paid ads. It’s time for you to learn how to articulate your value, elevate your messaging and enroll $3k-$10k group coaching clients.
Every day, we help coaches and DFY service providers, like you, transform their 1:1 service into a SUSTAINABLE coaching business that is set up to automate the necessary aspects of your offer so you have the energy to show up, serve your clients and increase your business growth month after month.
Interested? Complete the Benchmark Assessment to help you pinpoint the exact gaps that currently exist within your business model.
Visit www.jereshiahawk.com/podcast-leverage to learn more and submit your application to receive the assessment today.