Today’s episode features none other than the first-ever business coach that I hired after getting serious about my business. She’s full of inspirational wisdom and you’re not going to want to miss what she has to say.
Starting out as a blogger, Courtney was initially writing about hair-care and eventually more about personal development. After more and more people came to her for business advice, she got into business coaching. Now she’s transformed her whole business model and is an inspiration for anyone who wants to build a super-successful business that’s in line with their ethics and values.
Key Highlights of the Episode
This episode was extremely actionable and insightful. Here are a few key highlights:
- Unhealthy growth – When Courtney began coaching, her primary focus was in growing her business and helping her clients to grow their businesses. While growth is important, she realized that a lot of her clients were failing in other areas of their lives. Solely focusing on growth can be unhealthy. From here she took a step back and re-evaluated things. She realized that her clients needed more than what she was giving them.
- Are you aligned with your business? – Courtney was able to help people make money. She had the tools and tactics to get the financial results that her clients wanted. However, doing things in this way wasn’t aligned with her core values and what she wanted her brand to be about. Even though she felt a lot of friction from her clients, she pivoted and focused on becoming a coach in all areas of life as opposed to merely focusing on money.
- What’s your current state? – Courtney talks about a time in her life when she was comfortably making six figures, yet she was waking up late with low energy and not feeling particularly happy or vibrant. If you’re continually feeling low on enthusiasm, you need to question yourself and reflect. Even though running a business is difficult and challenging, it should bring you a lot of passion and joy. If you’re not feeling completely energized about getting up in the morning and getting to work, consider whether you need to pivot into an area you feel passionate and energized about.
- Streamlining – While pregnant, Courtney realized she didn’t want to spend her time doing things that she didn’t particularly enjoy. After auditing the areas of her business, she essentially got rid of all the waste, automating a lot of her procedures so she could focus her time and energy on what she wanted to focus on.
- Beware of the enemy – Be aware of the thoughts that come into your head. Both on a spiritual and psychological level. Courtney advises that just because you have a thought, it doesn’t mean that you have to believe it. The thought may not even be yours. When you’re trying to realize your dreams, it can be spiritual warfare. Be prepared.
- And lots more! Tune in now.
This episode is brought to you by THE CONTRACT SHOP:
Support for our show today came from The Contract Shop.
If you don’t have a solid Coaching Agreement, this is the PERFECT time for you to visit www.jereshiahawk.com/contract to get yourself a contract that protects your business, your bank account, and most importantly, Future You. The Contract Shop provides contract templates and all the legal paperwork you need to run your business well. Within 10 minutes, you’ll have the Coaching Contract template that is customizable to suit your business. It is super easy to add in your own details and you’ll feel waaaaaay more confident knowing your contract has been vetted by someone who actually knows what they are talking about.
Visit www.jereshiahawk.com/contract to get your Coaching Contract Template today!