Things are about to heat up.
Today you’re going to hear me experience a full range of emotions.
From a touch of anger to tears of sentiment.
And it all started after Facebook ‘shut down’ for one day.
As most of you know, I’m a huge advocate of Facebook.
Not only does it allow business owners like you and me to flourish, but it gives you the potential to connect with over 2 billion daily users.
So, when the haters and critics started telling you to build your email list because Facebook is starting to fail, I felt like I had to speak up.
Not only to defend Facebook, but also give you some real perspective on things.
How important is your email list?
Should you follow the advice of many entrepreneurs and switch to focusing on email to prepare for social media Armageddon???
Before you start selling, forget about an email list.
If you’re not making at least $5,000 per month, then you simply don’t need to be making a bunch of free content and trying to build a following!
If you’re ready to hear my passionate Facebook rally and understand the importance of an email list then listen to the podcast on iTunes today.
I also strongly urge you to subscribe so you don’t miss any of this free content that could help turn your business (and life) around.
Connect with Jereshia:
Key Highlights of this episode:
- How often do you actually show up? – This question is for all the haters and doubters that were criticizing Facebook. Do you realize that Facebook has been showing up consistently… Every single day… For the last ten years? Are there days that you don’t show up for your business? Are you that perfect? Please, give Facebook a break.
- You shouldn’t (usually) be too dependent on one thing – Generally speaking, it’s not a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket. However, chances are that in your first twelve months you haven’t yet learned to sell properly. If this is the case then going all in on Facebook makes perfect sense, as you perfect the way in which you communicate the value of what you’re offering.
- Creating content vs building a business – A lot of people are creating content for the sake of creating content. They’re sharing cute posts, inspirational quotes, and photos that don’t really have a lot of impact. If it’s not a transactional piece of content with a clear call to action, then a post won’t help to build your business.
- Would you even know what to do with your list? – When I started my business, I focused heavily on growing my list. The problem was that I hadn’t qualified the people on my list. Also, I hadn’t yet figured out how to sell to them. If you don’t yet know the problem you’re solving, nor the person you’re selling to then don’t waste time building a list early on as I did.
- I believe in you – While you may experience my ‘feistier’ side in this podcast, bear in mind that it’s coming from a place of love. And, if you don’t believe in yourself, then I do. For everyone that signs up for my Services That Sell program, I’m not only here to give advice and guidance, but I’m here to hold you accountable. That’s because I know what it feels like to have someone believe in me. Even when I didn’t believe in myself.
This episode was brought to you by my premium program Services that Sell. If you’ve been thinking about niching down and creating a four-figure service that you can sell consistently, And if you have been searching for a simple way to sell your services without a complicated funnel, I encourage you to sign up for my FREE masterclass at www.jereshiahawk.com/workshop. I’ll make sure you know everything you need to gain the clarity you crave to confidently sell your services online.
YOUR VOICE MATTERS
Did you enjoy this episode? If so, Subscribe in iTunes and please leave a short review.