What does it take to be a successful entrepreneur?
In today’s podcast, I wanted to give you a behind the scenes update on what’s been happening at Hawk Hustle Headquarters, while talking about the 4 P’s of entrepreneurship: Patience, Persistence, Perseverance, and Profit.
2018 was a tough year.
Before, I was all about the hustle.
However, I’d gotten to a point where I needed to refocus my attention.
I had to pivot and refine my approach. Because there stages that you go through as your business evolves.
In fact, let me introduce the fifth P, which is: Pivot.
You need to be self-aware and know when it’s time to switch things up and pivot from what you’ve been doing.
I’d been hustling hard and trying to test various offers.
Eventually, I found my ideal client niche and narrowed down the problem I was solving.
If you want a piece of free content that will get you headed in the right direction then download my Roadmap to Convert Clients.
It’s a free PDF that will walk you through six simple steps that you can start implementing right now to actually make sure that your FB page is set up to convert.
If you’re ready to get some deep entrepreneurial insights that will get you driving your business forward then listen to the podcast on iTunes today. I also strongly urge you to subscribe so you don’t miss any of this free content that could help turn your business (and life) around.
Connect with Jereshia:
Key Highlights of this episode:
- How long will it take? – Once you know the problem you’re solving and what your signature service is, you need to have a bit of patience. Don’t expect things to just work out overnight. Maybe there are some gaps in your knowledge and you need to join a mastermind group or hire a coach that will help you move things forward.
- You’ve gotta actually do the work – It’s one thing to hire a coach, a virtual assistant, or a consultant. But, you can’t expect them to just do all the work for you. A coach can give you a solution, but you have to apply it. Likewise, an employee or assistant can show up to work, but you have to be able to communicate what you want and motivate them to do it. If, above anything else, you’re looking for mentoring and guidance then be prepared to pay for access.
- The most important P for any business – Are you making a profit? If not, then your business isn’t sustainable. It’s that simple. While it may seem logical to give away free content to try and build a following, it doesn’t count for anything if you’re not selling.
- Keep going – I’ve just started to move into using paid advertising and I’ll be honest with you… It’s taking longer than expected to get results. Does this mean I should just give up?… No way! In order to accomplish anything, you need persistence and perseverance. My ad campaign is accumulating data, and this will allow us to continue testing and refining until we reach our desired outcome.
- What is proof of concept? – Proof of concept is when you can actually go out there and sell to someone. Can you sell to a family member or a friend who needs your solution and knows you well? If not, then how can you expect to sell to a cold audience that doesn’t know you?
The Contract Shop
Support for our show today came from The Contract Shop.
If you don’t have a solid Coaching Agreement, this is the PERFECT time for you to visit www.jereshiahawk.com/contract to get yourself a contract that protects your business, your bank account, and most importantly, Future You. The Contract Shop provides contract templates and all the legal paperwork you need to run your business well. Within 10 minutes, you’ll have the Coaching Contract template that is customizable to suit your business. It is super easy to add in your own details and you’ll feel waaaaaay more confident knowing your contract has been vetted by someone who actually knows what they are talking about.
Visit www.jereshiahawk.com/contract to get your Coaching Contract Template today!
YOUR VOICE MATTERS
Did you enjoy this episode? If so, Subscribe in iTunes and please leave a short review.