For many of us, the thought of being laid off and losing our job spells the end. Not for today’s guest, Peachi Williams, who merely switched her focus to what was really important to her.
Despite establishing her side hustle, The Write Mixx, back in 2004, she continued to work a full-time job for well over a decade, creatively helping to shape the brand of a multinational corporation. Over the years she’s worked incredibly hard, developing her talents in both writing and marketing.
After consuming a lot of free content and implementing a few things in her business, she eventually decided to overcome her fears of pivoting and enrolled in Services That Sell. This led to her establishing her signature service of teaching “brand voice,” something which is integral for any businesses wanting to connect with customers.
Shortly after, she found out she was losing her job, a frightening thought for most people. However, Peachi actually welcomed the change since she had refocused her attention on her own company, pinpointing her niche and putting tight systems in place. In literally no time at all, clients started knocking at her door, including a highly impressive $14,000 contract.
Key Highlights of the Episode
This episode was extremely actionable and insightful. Here are a few key highlights:
- Stepping stone – Working a corporate job isn’t always a dead end street. In fact, there are many positive aspects you can take away from it. It’s an opportunity to learn and grow as you overcome challenges and develop the skill sets that will eventually make you successful in business.
- Are you helping yourself as much as you’re helping others? – Peachi came to realize that she was often lending a hand and helping out other people succeed in their businesses. Yet, she never really gave herself the help that her own business needed to succeed. Rather than watch by as other businesses grew, she decided enough was enough and it was time to make a big investment that would propel her in the right direction.
- The first time isn’t always flawless – After attempting to complete Services That Sell, Peachi found herself coming to a standstill and her progress in the program came to a halt as her life was very hectic at the time. After a phone call, I urged her to re-commit and she got back on board, more determined than ever. Sometimes, things don’t run smoothly the first time around. There are times when you have to re-commit and be willing to do whatever it takes.
- What to do with all that expertise – Peachi was highly confident and competent in her area of expertise. The vast experience she’d accumulated made her an expert in her field but she didn’t quite know what to do with it. She credits the STS Facebook group and its wonderful participants as a motivating factor in helping her to continue niching down until she found her ideal signature service.
- Do it again… and again if necessary – Peachi hasn’t simply worked through Services That Sell the one time. She made the decision to work through the material a second time in order to enrich her learning and enhance her understanding. By going through the material a second time, she’s sharpening the sword and becoming even more effective in business.
- And lots more! Tune in now.
This episode is brought to you by SERVICES THAT SELL:
This episode was brought to you by my premium program, Services that Sell.
If you’ve been thinking about niching down and creating a four-figure service that you can sell consistently, And if you have been searching for a simple way to sell your services without a complicated funnel, I encourage you to sign up for my FREE masterclass at www.jereshiahawk.com/workshop. I’ll make sure you know everything you need to gain the clarity you crave to confidently sell your services online.
Visit www.jereshiahawk.com/workshop to register for the next masterclass training today!