When it comes to achieving results, a lot of the time, you may have all the pieces you need but you haven’t quite figured out how to slot them together in the right order.
Today’s episode is all about the process that you should be focusing on when it comes to building your business.
When I was getting into the digital space and finding out what was required to sell my service and get things going in the right direction I didn’t focus on selling. I think this tends to be common with individuals who don’t have experience in sales and therefore think they need to grow an audience and create lots and lots of content before they begin selling. Content creation and building a following are part of the process. However, these are not what will allow you to begin generating revenue in the beginning.
If you don’t know how to sell, it doesn’t matter how much content you’re creating. If your content doesn’t convert and lead people to take action then you’re not doing things in the right order. If you don’t yet have an offer to sell then it doesn’t matter how well you understand how to technically set up a Facebook ad or set up a lead page or set up a course.
You need to know what problem you’re solving and what steps you’re taking the client through. This is the foundation.
Key Highlights of the Episode
This episode was extremely actionable and insightful. Here are a few key highlights:
- In the beginning – Until you get to the point in your business where you’re consistently making around $5,000 a month, then don’t waste time trying to do everything. There’s only one thing that really matters, and that’s figuring out exactly what your offer is. Figuring out the problem that you’re going to solve is like the seed from which everything else in your business will grow.
- Making the right choice – I fully understand how hard it is to figure out what your offer is going to be. If you have numerous ideas floating about in your head then it can be especially difficult to make a committed choice. That’s why you should have a proven framework, like what we have with Services That Sell, to make the decision-making process much easier for you.
- Is your ego coming into play? – Are you working to get a huge number of followers, likes, and shares to gratify your ego? Or are you working to help people make real-life transformations while making a whole load of money in the process that gives you the life you’ve always dreamed of? Beware of your ego coming into play and keep reminding yourself why you went into business in the first place.
- Transaction before transformation – Understand that if you really want to help someone to have a life-changing transformation, a transaction has to come beforehand. This is true in all aspects of life. For someone at McDonald’s who wants a transformation from being hungry to being full, there first has to be a cash transaction before they receive their food.
- Serving over selling – What’s the best way to sell your service? Forget about the stereotypical sleazy car salesman who won’t take “no” for an answer. In order to sell honorably, you have to realize that you’re allowing someone to have a life-changing transformation. Instead of trying to sell them what you have, it’s better to think of the sales process as inviting a potential customer to join you in a way that serves them.
- And lots more! Tune in now.
This episode is brought to you by SERVICES THAT SELL:
This episode was brought to you by my premium program, Services that Sell.
If you’ve been thinking about niching down and creating a four-figure service that you can sell consistently, And if you have been searching for a simple way to sell your services without a complicated funnel, I encourage you to sign up for my FREE masterclass at www.jereshiahawk.com/workshop. I’ll make sure you know everything you need to gain the clarity you crave to confidently sell your services online.
Visit www.jereshiahawk.com/workshop to register for the next masterclass training today!