Zakiya is a mom, wife, and community educator dedicated to developing more equitable learning spaces for youth and adult learners. She’s the founder of Cultur-Ed™ Consulting, a full service educational consulting firm with a mission to inspire social change through meaningful and engaging learning experiences.
Even though Zakiya is an amazing teacher, she’s had to work hard to overcome her fear of niching down. Doing so has enabled her to land multiple four figure clients and she’s a great example of how you can leverage your existing skillsets to create a signature service and build a successful business helping others to get transformational results.
Key Highlights of the Episode
This episode was extremely actionable and insightful. Here are a few key highlights:
- Expand your circle – When starting out in business, Zakiya didn’t have many entrepreneurs around her to talk to. She looked for inspiration and people to help her on her mission by going out and expanding her circle.
- Start broad and then find your niche – Zakiya, like many others, initially wanted to help everyone achieve all their goals. She feels that starting broad is OK while you learn to dial in on what your specific niche and signature service should be along the way.
- Resistance is normal – To become a butterfly a caterpillar must push through a lot of resistance in order to leave the cocoon. Zakiya is a great example of how you need to keep going during those moments when you experience resistance. Being part of a like-minded community helps.
- Don’t expect overnight success – Zakiya is in it for the long run. She trusts in the process and is patient enough to show up consistently in order to achieve success. She’s always learning and evolving.
- Niching-down to get tangible results – When Zakiya provided a general, broad service, her clients reported “feeling better,” but there were limited tangible results. Niching down has allowed her to get specific, life-changing transformations for her clients.
- And lots more! Tune in now.
This episode is brought to you by LEVERAGE:
Today’s episode is brought to you by my group coaching program LEVERAGE.
LEVERAGE™ is a comprehensive, high performance coaching program for expert service providers who are ready to reclaim their time and sustainably surpass 6-figures in the next 12 months.
In order to do that, it’s time that you STOP MIMICKING WHAT YOU SEE OTHER COURSE CREATORS DOING.
Every day we help coaches and service providers, like you, transform their 1:1 service into a SUSTAINABLE business that is set up to automate the necessary aspects of your offer so you have the energy to show up, serve your clients and increase your business growth month after month.
Interested? Book a call with our LEVERAGE Strategist today. Visit www.jereshiahawk.com/leverage to book your call today.