Today’s guest is the wonderful Mecca Gamble, a photographer and successful business owner who’s giving us a behind-the-scenes look at the decisions she’s made to be able to grow her photography business beyond six-figures by introducing an excellent coaching program.
Mecca creates images for women of color that help them communicate their expertise and position their brands to make more money. Over the last 8 years, she’s made a name for herself by photographing well-known brands, influencers and having her work published by popular mediums such as Essence, Upscale, Xonecole, and The Knot.
If you’re a creative business owner who wants to evolve and grow then you’re not going to want to miss this episode.
Key Highlights of the Episode
This episode was extremely actionable and insightful. Here are a few key highlights:
- Put a price tag on your passion – Despite several years as an undergrad, Mecca couldn’t figure out what she was supposed to be doing. When she picked up a camera she couldn’t get enough. After getting paid for her services she realized that photography could be a money-maker for her.
- Learning on the job – Mecca took a job at an advertising agency, allowing her to become better at her craft while being around creative individuals. She’s also had a lot of experience in customer service and was able to translate it into her business.
- Building relationships – Mecca understands that people want to do business with people they like and trust. The market is flooded with photographers and she’s been able to develop a loyal customer base by humanizing her business and brand, building excellent relationships with clients.
- Overcoming resistance – Mecca has had to overcome a lot of resistance along the way. She was initially resistant to make money from teaching and coaching and it’s taken a lot of conscious effort to recognize her value and hone in on what her pricing structure should be.
- How creatives should set their price – A lot of creatives undercharge and it’s easy to get into the game of trying to undercut competitors. Mecca had to discover how to increase her value with HER price point instead of lowering the price and taking away her value from clients.
- And lots more! Tune in now.
Want some help scaling your group coaching program at a price you’re proud of? You can grow beyond six figures without offering discounts, downsells or dumping a ton of money into paid ads.
Click here to learn more about how our LEVERAGE Method can help.
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out.
This episode is brought to you by Leverage:
Today’s episode is brought to you by my group coaching program LEVERAGE.
LEVERAGE™ is a comprehensive, high-performance coaching program for expert service providers who are ready to reclaim their time and sustainably surpass 6-figures in the next 12 months.
If you know you’re ready to grow with less private 1:1 clients and more leverage with group delivery at a high ticket price point, we can help!
In order to do that, it’s time that you stop mimicking what you see other course creators doing. No more discounts, downsells or complicated webinars pumped with thousands of dollars in paid ads. It’s time for you to learn how to articulate your value, elevate your messaging and enroll $3k-$10k group coaching clients.
Every day, we help coaches and DFY service providers, like you, transform their 1:1 service into a SUSTAINABLE coaching business that is set up to automate the necessary aspects of your offer so you have the energy to show up, serve your clients and increase your business growth month after month.
Interested? Complete the Benchmark Assessment to help you pinpoint the exact gaps that currently exist within your business model.
Visit www.jereshiahawk.com/podcast-leverage to learn more and submit your application to receive the assessment today.