This episode features the wonderful Andrea Jones, a super-successful social media entrepreneur who’s committed to high-quality client work and her online community. Andrea’s signature service at OnlineDrea is done-for-you social media which involves everything from designing images, writing captions, posting, and responding to messages and comments. She also hosts her own podcast, The Savvy Social Podcast.
After starting as a low-budget freelancer in 2014, Andrea hustled her way to building a sustainable client base and building a reliable team. Andrea has had to figure a lot of things out along the way which makes this episode truly fascinating to any aspiring entrepreneur…
Key Highlights of the Episode
This episode was extremely actionable and insightful. Here are a few key highlights:
- Hustling for clients – In the early days, Andrea learned by hustling on freelancer sites and pitching for jobs to get clients. Sales is a contact sport and you have to be willing to go out there and put in the work to get clients.
- Retain and maintain – To improve and maintain consistent cash flow, Andrea started doing more reporting to add value to her service. This ensured clients would stay with her and she didn’t have to keep going out to get more clients. She also started raising her prices.
- Added brainpower – Once she reached full capacity, Andrea decided she needed a team. This not only enabled her to delegate a lot of day-to-day tasks but she also found that having more brains working together added a whole new level to the capabilities of the business.
- Hardships of hiring – When it comes to hiring, Andrea has learned two lessons… the hard way! After getting lucky with her first hire, she assumed everyone would have a high work ethic and be super-accountable which was a mistake. Secondly, after hiring top talent, she hadn’t yet put business procedures in place to help team members thrive. As a result, her cash flow was hit hard.
- Refusing the agency route – Andrea wants to be 100% responsible for the strategy and the results that the strategy gets for her clients. This goes against what a typical agency business model looks like. She’s set up a hybrid model to maintain a high quality of client work, running her business in a way that suits her.
- And lots more! Tune in now.
Want to experience sustainable growth for your coaching business WITHOUT hiring 5 new employees, WITHOUT spending five figures on paid ads, WITHOUT offering discounts or downsells?
Click here to learn more about how we can help.
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out.
This episode is brought to you by Leverage:
Today’s episode is brought to you by my group coaching program LEVERAGE.
LEVERAGE™ is a comprehensive, high-performance coaching program for expert service providers who are ready to reclaim their time and sustainably surpass 6-figures in the next 12 months.
If you know you’re ready to grow with less private 1:1 clients and more leverage with group delivery at a high ticket price point, we can help!
In order to do that, it’s time that you stop mimicking what you see other course creators doing. No more discounts, downsells or complicated webinars pumped with thousands of dollars in paid ads. It’s time for you to learn how to articulate your value, elevate your messaging and enroll $3k-$10k group coaching clients.
Every day, we help coaches and DFY service providers, like you, transform their 1:1 service into a SUSTAINABLE coaching business that is set up to automate the necessary aspects of your offer so you have the energy to show up, serve your clients and increase your business growth month after month.
Interested? Complete the Benchmark Assessment to help you pinpoint the exact gaps that currently exist within your business model.
Visit www.jereshiahawk.com/podcast-leverage to learn more and submit your application to receive the assessment today.