You’re not going to want to miss this episode! Today’s guest has some of the country’s biggest celebrity superstars on her client list. Karleen Roy is the founder and CEO of The Vanity Group, an event production company that curates magical experiences for your favorite celebrities, including Justin Bieber, Kobe Bryant, and a whole host of top talent!
Karleen’s story begins in 2004, where she headed to New York and quickly landed a job in the publicity department at Island Def Jam Recordings. Eventually, she was recruited by Sean “Diddy” Combs to be his senior executive assistant at Bad Boy Entertainment. After years of developing her confidence, expertise, and international connections, she has become a superstar in her own right, leading her team to become the firm of choice for a variety of corporate clients and A-list celebrities.
Success for Karleen is all about the small wins. She thrives on being able to pay her loyal team of staff and take good care of them. She’s happy that she can pay the rent of her Manhattan office and takes pride in her ability to continually carry out excellent work for her clients.
Karleen recognizes that her business isn’t yet in a scaling phase. For her, the back-end processes are just as important as the front-end side of things that her clients get to see. After listening to this episode, it will be easy to see how her humble and level-headed attitude is what allows her to continue to thrive.
Key Highlights of the Episode
This episode was extremely actionable and insightful. Here are a few key highlights:
- Do your due diligence – If you’re debating whether or not to go into business then Karleen highly recommends that you carry out initial research to find out what the market rate is for the service you’re offering. Determine who your competitors are, and identify what they’re charging.
- Know your value and keep it simple – Karleen as been working with celebrities for many years and what she does is now second nature. She knows how her clients think and is always able to meet their incredibly high expectations. Rather than trying to do many different things, she recommends being excellent in your own field. Be the best at what you do rather than trying to do everything.
- Building relationships – According to Karleen, people want to do business with people they know and like. She never tries to force a relationship and is always invested in building relationships organically over the long term.
- Becoming a CEO – Being a business owner hasn’t been easy to Karleen and she’s had to work hard to become a successful CEO. She still considers herself a student of the game, working with many of her peers and reading relevant books in order to nurture her CEO abilities over time.
- Balancing growth with client expectations – To avoid sacrificing the quality of client work, Karleen ensures she is always fully focused on the event at hand. The Vanity Group is niche by design and she never overloads her team’s schedule. Long-term growth is always dependent on the ability to deliver your promise to your clients in the present.
- And lots more! Tune in now.
You and I both know that it’s time that you take full ownership of your expertise. Finally learn how to clarify your program promise, articulate your value, and organically launch your $3k – $10k group coaching program.
Click here to learn more about how we can help.
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out.
This episode is brought to you by Leverage:
Today’s episode is brought to you by my group coaching program LEVERAGE.
LEVERAGE™ is a comprehensive, high-performance coaching program for expert service providers who are ready to reclaim their time and sustainably surpass 6-figures in the next 12 months.
If you know you’re ready to grow with less private 1:1 clients and more leverage with group delivery at a high ticket price point, we can help!
In order to do that, it’s time that you stop mimicking what you see other course creators doing. No more discounts, downsells or complicated webinars pumped with thousands of dollars in paid ads. It’s time for you to learn how to articulate your value, elevate your messaging and enroll $3k-$10k group coaching clients.
Every day, we help coaches and DFY service providers, like you, transform their 1:1 service into a SUSTAINABLE coaching business that is set up to automate the necessary aspects of your offer so you have the energy to show up, serve your clients and increase your business growth month after month.
Interested? Complete the Benchmark Assessment to help you pinpoint the exact gaps that currently exist within your business model.
Visit www.jereshiahawk.com/podcast-leverage to learn more and submit your application to receive the assessment today.