Today’s hot topic is something I get asked about all the time.
If you’re a regular listener then you’re used to hearing me talk about niching down a lot. But, just how specific do you need to get? And, is merely knowing your niche enough?
Most people don’t understand that you have to get way more specific than just knowing your area of specialization. You have to peel back all the layers and realize whether your niche is actually specific enough to attract high quality-clients.
In this episode I’m going to be breaking niching down into three layers:
- Career category
- Business niche
- Signature service
This knowledge is essential if you want to land clients with a four (or five) figure price tag.
Key Highlights of the Episode
This episode was extremely actionable and insightful. Here are a few key highlights:
- What is a niche? – From a business perspective, a niche appeals to a small, specialized section of the population.
- Career category – The first layer of niching down is your career category. This would be a general job title, such as an attorney, accountant, or health coach. Getting down to this level is only OK if you’re selling something relatively inexpensive, such as an ebook.
- Business niche – The second layer of niching down is your business niche. This is your subject niche within your career category.
- Signature service – The third and final layer of niching down is your signature service. Niching down to this level usually comes with a lot of resistance. However, if you’re not drilling down to this level of specificity you’re leaving a lot of money on the table.
- Specialists get paid more than generalists – When you get super-specific, you’re going to find that you also have a very specific process that you can walk your clients through in order to achieve the results they want. This is what allows you to charge a higher price tag.
- And lots more! Tune in now.
This episode is brought to you by ThriveCart:
Support for our show today came from my favorite payment checkout software, ThriveCart .
Let me ask you – how are you currently accepting payments from your coaching clients? Forgetting to send those monthly invoices for clients on a payment plan? Manually stumbling around when someones’ ready to pay but you aren’t prepared to take their money? If either of those situations sounds familiar, you’re going to want to check out ThriveCart, the software I use and recommend to my clients to make it seamless to collect recurring payments from coaching clients.
Most good checkout software comes with a high monthly cost, but not ThriveCart. If you use my special link: www.jereshiahawk.com/thrivecart, they are offering a special limited discount where you’re able to grab a lifetime license. Yes, pay once and never have to include this on your expense sheet again. ThriveCart easily pays for itself many times over with their high converting checkout pages, upsells and affiliate campaigns. The current limited pricing offer is due to end very soon. Due to high demand, ThriveCart has temporarily extended the current price for a short period, so make sure you act now. Visit www.jereshiahawk.com/thrivecart to get this special, lifetime license offer, and thank me later!
Visit www.jereshiahawk.com/thrivecart now.