This episode talks about how to create firm boundaries when you transition from serving 1:1 clients to a group coaching program. Clarifying your boundaries is key in having successful relationships with clients, especially in group settings.
You must re-educate your clients about what 1:1 support looks like in a group coaching environment. I help you get clear on the promise you are delivering, how to set boundaries around the level of access to you that clients have, and the importance of educating your clients on how a group container works and benefits them.
There are 3 things you need to do, in order to align your group coaching program with your ideal client.
- Define your audience. You must understand what their past experiences with group coaching programs are, and then know how those experiences are informing their beliefs about what a group coaching program entails.
- Know the type of learning environment your audience excels in. Recognize your own coaching style, so you can set clear expectations from the start.
- Proactively acknowledge where the gaps may be in your process.
Misalignment of expectations often occurs because people are misinformed about how much access they get to you as the creator during the program, the number of touchpoints they will have, and the curriculum itself. You, as the creator, as the business coach must get clear on the gaps you actually want to address and teach.
If you need help aligning your clients’ expectations, with how your group program will actually run, then this episode is for you!
Key Highlights of the Episode
This episode was extremely actionable and insightful. Here are a few key highlights:
- The need to re-educate your clients about what they can expect from you when you are doing a group program, instead of doing 1:1
- Determine where your boundaries need to be. What are you promising vs. what is overdelivering? Where do the hard boundaries need to exist?
- Transitioning from codependency to a co-working relationship with your clients where you help them do it for themselves
- Debunking the myth that group coaching programs don’t have any 1:1 support
- The 3 things you need to do manage client expectations effectively
- Understanding whether you coach more from masculine energy or feminine energy. Does your client need more therapeutic, encouraging support at this time, or do they need more analytical and strategic? Most coaches will default to one or the other. Clients need to understand what they need and you must clearly communicate the expectations of what you will deliver.
- And lots more! Tune in now.
Need help repackaging your private 1:1 coaching into a high-ticket group coaching program? We can help with that.
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out.
This episode is brought to you by Leverage:
Today’s episode is brought to you by my group coaching program LEVERAGE.
LEVERAGE™ is a comprehensive, high-performance coaching program for expert service providers who are ready to reclaim their time and sustainably surpass 6-figures in the next 12 months.
If you know you’re ready to grow with less private 1:1 clients and more leverage with group delivery at a high ticket price point, we can help!
In order to do that, it’s time that you stop mimicking what you see other course creators doing. No more discounts, downsells or complicated webinars pumped with thousands of dollars in paid ads. It’s time for you to learn how to articulate your value, elevate your messaging and enroll $3k-$10k group coaching clients.
Every day, we help coaches and DFY service providers, like you, transform their 1:1 service into a SUSTAINABLE coaching business that is set up to automate the necessary aspects of your offer so you have the energy to show up, serve your clients and increase your business growth month after month.
Interested? Complete the Benchmark Assessment to help you pinpoint the exact gaps that currently exist within your business model.
Visit www.jereshiahawk.com/podcast-leverage to learn more and submit your application to receive the assessment today.