How do you know if your signature service is specific enough?
One of the biggest struggles my clients have is getting their head around what their offer should be. Once you’ve selected your signature service, how do you know if it’s specific enough? And, how do you sell it consistently?
There are three levels of specificity that your offer needs to have: an overarching category, a business niche, and a signature service.
In this episode, I’m not only going to walk you through the three levels of specificity that you need but I’m going to tell you a few things that you NEED to start selling your premium offer consistently. I’m in full-passion mode, so tune in, buckle up and get ready…
Key Highlights of the Episode
This episode was extremely actionable and insightful. Here are a few key highlights:
- It takes time – If you’re moving too fast, it’s usually not sustainable. Accept that your first 3-5 years in business will be a constant state of refinement. These adaptations are not the same thing as starting all over again. They’re a sign that you’re evolving as you find your niche, change your positioning, and adapt your business processes.
- What’s your overarching category? – This is a general category that you fall within. For example, you may be a marketing consultant or a business coach. The problem is that a lot of people stop there. They name their profession and don’t specify their service.
- What’s your business niche? – This is your specialty or area of focus. For example, a web designer may focus exclusively on WordPress sites.
- What’s your signature service? – What is the result you’re delivering? This is where things usually get difficult as you have to define the specific service you provide. Get super clear on the problem you’re solving.
- How to know if your service is specific enough – Ask yourself: is there a recipe that someone else could follow to get my result? If not then you need to keep drilling down. I’m not saying that it’s going to be easy. But you can do it! Forget about things like positioning, content creation, and sales until you get down to the necessary level of specificity.
- You are now the answer to someone else’s prayer – What’s holding you back? I believe that you have everything you need to go out there and sell your services…. And get paid a high-ticket price. You need to believe in yourself, be bold, and be transparent.
- And lots more! Tune in now.
This episode is brought to you by ACUITY SCHEDULING:
Support for our show today came from Acuity Scheduling.
We are all ready to make more money and serve more people, but if you are in an email ping-pong game with potential clients, struggling to schedule your next call, you need Acuity Scheduling. Acuity Scheduling is your online assistant, working 24/7 to manage your schedule.
Click the link below and sign up to receive a 45 Day FREE TRIAL.