Today’s episode features the amazing Jamie Jenson, who is sooo much more than a copywriter. She’s an award-winning screenwriter, storyteller, mentor, and entrepreneur who founded a digital marketing agency that grew 50% year after year for 3 straight years.
She creates an audience experience that entertains, inspires, and sells. While Jamie initially achieved client results through copywriting, she now works with entrepreneurs on a deeper level weaving storytelling into their brand and business.
Jamie’s business model has evolved and changed over time. Not only does she strive to serve clients to the best of her ability but she leads with her heart. You’ll find her insight and perspective are incredibly inspiring…
Key Highlights of the Episode
This episode was extremely actionable and insightful. Here are a few key highlights:
- Have fun – While writing the copy for her first business website, Jamie noticed she was having so much fun. It was a no-brainer to provide this service to other businesses and brands. Do what you love and you’ll greatly increase the likelihood of success.
- Raising the rates – After establishing her business, Jamie had to have several significant shifts in her mindset to raise her rates as she became more business-like in her approach. She came to realize that her services were helping people make more money and she started to take notice of what other people in the market were charging.
- Creating processes while serving – When creating her agency, Jamie was very committed to creating strict processes that her team and clients would follow. Even though they were rigid, these processes kept things moving forward and allowed client projects to be completed successfully.
- Follow your heart, not your ego – While leading her agency, Jamie began to lose excitement about growing the business. Even though her ego loved being an “agency owner”, her heart didn’t want to pursue it. This led to her going back to what she loved most… working directly with clients to help tell their stories.
- Accepting money lost – Jamie has a refreshing perspective on money that she’s “lost” in the past. Even if you spend big on something that doesn’t work out, consider the lessons you’ve learned. Accept that not all your choices will work out the way you want.
- And lots more! Tune in now.
This episode is brought to you by ACUITY SCHEDULING:
Support for our show today came from Acuity Scheduling.
We are all ready to make more money and serve more people, but if you are in an email ping-pong game with potential clients, struggling to schedule your next call, you need Acuity Scheduling.
Acuity Scheduling is your online assistant, working 24/7 to manage your schedule.
Click the link below and sign up to receive a 45 Day FREE TRIAL.